Who do we Currently Support?
Community Connections is currently providing support services for around 340 people. Some of these people are supported through Supported Living, some through Residential support, and some through Community Networks. Community Connections have helped many people to make positive changes in their life and living situation, for example, we have helped…
- People to move from a group residential home, to live in a house of their choice
- People to go flatting when they had been living with carers, such as their parents, and wanted to plan their future
- People to make connections with their neighbors, when they had previously been isolated in their accommodation
- People find a home when they had previously been homeless
- People to continue to live independently when they had previously been at risk of admission to hospital units or institutions
What are the Outcomes?
We have shown that Supported Living is a viable option for people previously thought unable to use this option for support. We now wish to venture into new ways to supports through Community Networks that are sustainable, offer continuity, and long term commitment to people who may not have experienced this before.
Individuals who have good networks are less likely to be isolated than people using other types of low level support and are less vulnerable in a crisis situation because of the strength of the network, the flexible support of the Community Network Facilitator and the connections they have made within their local community.
Here are just a few examples of what a week may look like for some of our Community Network members.