We seek enthusiastic, creative team members to fill part-time roles supporting people in their homes and communities as part of our Te Rito o Rehua team in the Central Wellington area.
About the role
- Planning and delivering support to people in their homes and communities
- Helping people connect with their communities, live the lives they want and achieve their goals
- Providing support with personal cares
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate will
- Be a people person, able to build trusting and respectful relationships
- Be able to work creatively and problem-solve
- Have good community knowledge and be able to develop networks
- Ideally have a level 3 qualification in Health and Wellbeing and a current first aid certificate (although training can be provided for the right person)
- Have an understanding of bi-cultural practice in Aotearoa New Zealand
- Be comfortable with technology – Community Connections has a cloud-based database and rostering system that staff need to access with their mobile devices
- Have reliable transport and a full driver’s licence
- Preferably have previous experience in supporting with personal cares and hoist use
- Be available for some evening and weekend shifts
- Pay rate is between $21.50 and $27.00 per hour depending on qualifications and experience.
- Flexible working options
- Ongoing professional development
- Supportive team environment
- Making positive differences in people’s lives and in the community
How to apply
Click on the “Apply for Job” button, fill in the online form, and attach your CV and cover letter.
For further information, contact Marilet Warner – email@example.com, 021 741 018
About Community Connections
We are a community based disability support provider that operates across much of the North Island. Our vision is of an inclusive New Zealand where people with disabilities are embraced as fully participating citizens, where barriers to inclusion are removed, and where all people are respected and valued for who they are.
We believe that people with disabilities can and should live the life they choose, on their own terms and within the community of their choice.
Community Connections is an Equal Employment Opportunities employer, and we love diversity in what we do and whom we employ. We are committed to Te Tiriti O Waitangi, the UN Convention of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and the NZ Disability Strategy. We encourage people with lived experience of disability, mental health, Māori, Pasifika, people from other backgrounds and/or from the LGBTQIA+ community to apply.