We seek enthusiastic, creative team members to fill casual/part-time roles supporting people in their homes and communities in the South Wellington area.
About the role
- Helping people live their daily lives and fully participate in their communities, live the life they want and achieve their goals
- This specific vacancy is seeking to build the support team of a man who lives in South Wellington and involves personal cares including showering, toileting and dressing, as well as food preparation and household tasks. There is opportunity for supporting him to attend work and social events, which may include overnight trips for holidays and time away on a negotiated basis. The individual is also an avid swimmer and goes swimming with support several times a week.
- As this position involves short shifts including early morning and dinner/bedtime it would be beneficial to live near South Wellington or have your own transport.
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate will
- Be a people person, able to build trusting and respectful relationships
- Be open and adaptable with strong communication skills.
- Have good community knowledge and be able to develop networks
- Have a level 3 qualification in Health and Wellbeing and a current first aid certificate (although training can be provided for the right person)
- Have an understanding of bi-cultural practice in Aotearoa New Zealand
- Be comfortable with technology – Community Connections has a cloud-based database and rostering system that staff need to access with their mobile devices
- Preferably have a full licence
- Be physically fit with no health conditions which impact their ability to do manual handling or increase the risk of injury.
- Have experience in personal cares support and standing hoist use or a willingness to learn.
- Pay rate is between $20.50 and $25.50 depending on qualifications and experience.
- Flexible working options
- Ongoing professional development
- Supportive team environment
- Making positive differences in people’s lives and in the community
How to apply
If this sounds like you, click on the “Apply for Job” tab, fill in the online form, and attach your CV and cover letter.
For further information, contact Esther Gillam, firstname.lastname@example.org, 021 741 018
About Community Connections
We are a community based disability support provider that operates across much of the North Island. Our vision is of an inclusive New Zealand where people with disabilities are embraced as fully participating citizens, where barriers to inclusion are removed, and where all people are respected and valued for who they are.
We believe that people with disabilities can and should live the life they choose, on their own terms and within the community of their choice.
Community Connections is a member of the Equal Employment Opportunities Trust and actively encourages people with lived experience of disability to apply.