We seek an enthusiastic, creative team leader to fill a part-time role supporting people in their homes and communities in the Porirua/Johnsonville area. This role is likely to lead to full-time hours as the position grows.
About the role
- Planning and delivering support to people in their homes and communities
- Helping people connect with their communities, live the life they want and achieve their goals
The ideal candidate will
- Be a people person, able to build trusting and respectful relationships
- Be able to work creatively and problem-solve
- Have great leadership skills and be able to delegate
- Have good community knowledge and be able to develop networks
- Have a level 3 qualification in Health and Wellbeing and a current first aid certificate (although training can be provided for the right person)
- Skills and experience in disability support will be an advantage but for the right candidate we can provide all training required
- Have an understanding of bi-cultural practice in Aotearoa New Zealand
- Be comfortable with technology – Community Connections has a cloud-based database and rostering system that staff need to access with their mobile devices
- Have a full drivers licence
- Pay rate is between $20.50 and $25.50 depending on qualifications and experience
- Flexible working options
- Ongoing professional development
- Supportive team environment
- Making positive differences in people’s lives and in the community
For further information, contact Clem Lienard, Service Coordinator on 021 459 764 or email@example.com
About Community Connections
We are a community based disability support provider that operates across much of the North Island. Our vision is of an inclusive New Zealand where people with disabilities are embraced as fully participating citizens, where barriers to inclusion are removed, and where all people are respected and valued for who they are.
We believe that people with disabilities can and should live the life they choose, on their own terms and within the community of their choice.
Community Connections is a member of the Equal Employment Opportunities Trust and actively encourages people with lived experience of disability to apply.