Support Worker – Taranaki
Part-time, which will include days, evenings, weekends, and sleepovers.
About the role
The role is to support two neurodiverse males in their late 30s who live in a residence operated by Community Connections, with the aim of ensuring that they live meaningful lives.
Experience with working within this field is not necessary, as training relevant to the specific people you will be working with, will be given.
Your sense of humour and a positive outlook is paramount to create a cheerful environment. As a team player, you will be working together to formulate and implement plans to achieve the best outcomes.
Duties of the role
- The successful candidate will enjoy being actively involved in the community, in both active and social activities.
- Enthusiastically support the individual to live their best life.
- Encourage the individual to grow and increase their independence by supporting them to learn skills for daily living and to make decisions and choices
- Collaborate with other support staff by attending staff meetings, coaching, keeping each other informed about the individual being supported and sharing ideas with your team members
- A team player who actively participates and advocates for the person
- Being upbeat, cheerful and an determined community networker
- Open minded and kind.
- Valid driver’s license essential
- Basic computer literacy
- This could be your first step in a new career, we offer full training and ability to undertake an on-job apprenticeship. We offer mentoring to attain NZQA certificates in Health & Wellbeing.
- Flexible working hours
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cell-phone, and technology allowance
- Collaborative working environment
- Self-managing teams
About Community Connections
We are a community-based disability support provider that operates across much of the North Island. Our Vision is of an inclusive New Zealand where people with disabilities are embraced as fully participating citizens, where barriers to inclusion are removed, and where all people are respected and valued for who they are.
We believe that people with disabilities can and should live the life they choose, on their own terms and within the community of their choice.
Community Connections is an Equal Employment Opportunities employer, and we love diversity in what we do and whom we employ. We are committed to Te Tiriti O Waitangi, the UN Convention for the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and the NZ Disability strategy. We encourage people with lived experience of disability, mental health, Maori, Pasifika, people from other backgrounds and/or from LGBTQIA+ community to apply.
How to apply
Click APPLY or contact Kieran Windsor on 021529397 or email Kieran.Windsor@connections.org.nz for a confidential discussion.
Quote vacancy reference: REC232