Support Worker – Manawatu & Levin
Full-time and part-time hours available
About the role
Support Workers are required for a variety of clients with varying ages and genders in Manawatu, Horowhenua and Levin.
The hours will include some evenings, weekends and sleepovers.
The successful candidate must have a valid driver’s licence and first aid certificate.
We are looking for caring, dependable, empathetic, self-motivated individuals who have a good work ethic. The successful candidate will be working in a self-managing team where using their initiative is vital, but they will need to be a good team player.
No previous support worker experience is required but you must enjoy cooking, arts and crafts, music and walking. You will needs lots of energy and be good with people.
Duties of the role
- Support the individual to achieve their personal plans
- Strengthen and develop the individual’s networks in the community
- Maintain the quality of the support we provide
- Promote an environment that encourages the individual to feel safe and comfortable
- Encourage the individual to grow and increase their independence by supporting them to learn skills for daily living and to make decisions and choices
- Generate daily support notes, incident reports, daily handover notes to your co-workers and any other administration tasks that might be required
- Collaborate with other support staff by attending staff meetings, coaching, keeping each other informed about the individual being supported and sharing ideas with your team members
- Engage in discussions with your team on the team plan, projects to be completed, administration tasks, rostering and training and development
Skills and experience
- No previous Support Worker experience required.
- Must be good with people.
- Be a team player.
- Be energetic and use their initiative.
- Computer literate.
- Four weeks annual leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cellphone and technology allowance
- Collaborative working environment
- On the job training
About Community Connections
We are a community-based disability support provider that operates across much of the North Island. Our Vision is of an inclusive New Zealand where people with disabilities are embraced as fully participating citizens, where barriers to inclusion are removed, and where all people are respected and valued for who they are.
We believe that people with disabilities can and should live the life they choose, on their own terms and within the community of their choice.
Community Connections is an Equal Employment Opportunities employer, and we love diversity in what we do and whom we employ. We are committed to Te Tiriti O Waitangi, the UN Convention for the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and the NZ Disability strategy. We encourage people with lived experience of disability, mental health, Maori, Pasifika, people from other backgrounds and/or from LGBTQIA+ community to apply.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this vacancy please email a cover letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org. or contact Sharon Smith on 021457662 or email Sharon.Smith@connections.org.nz for a confidential discussion.
Quote vacancy reference: REC247