- Planning and delivering support to people in their homes and assisting them to be part of their community
- Mentoring and facilitating people to achieve their goals
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate will
- Be a people person, able to build trusting and respectful relationships
- Have good community knowledge and be able to develop networks
- Have a level 3 qualification in Health and Wellbeing and a current first aid certificate (although training can be provided for the right person)
- Have an understanding of bi-cultural practice in Aotearoa New Zealand
- Pay rate is between $20.50 and $25.50 depending on qualifications and experience.
- Flexible working options
- Ongoing professional development
- Supportive team environment
How to apply
All applications must be made through our website. Click on the “Apply for Job” tab, fill in the online form, and attach your CV and cover letter.
For further information, contact Amy Cole, 027 208 8723, firstname.lastname@example.org
About Community Connections
We are a community based disability support provider that operates across much of the lower North Island. Our vision is of an inclusive New Zealand where people with disabilities are embraced as fully participating citizens, where barriers to inclusion are removed, and where all people are respected and valued for who they are.
We believe that people with disabilities can and should live the life they choose, on their own terms and within the community of their choice.
Community Connections is a member of the Equal Employment Opportunities Trust and actively encourages people with lived experience of disability to apply.