- Are you a creative solution-focused person?
- Are you a people person?
- Do you want to work for an organisation that values and supports your professional development?
- Do you want to make a difference in a values-driven organisation?
Employment Connections is seeking to fill a permanent full time role based in the wider Porirua area. You will work with our experienced employment team, using your local knowledge to build your role and develop your own caseload and networks. You will be working alongside individuals and multiple teams holistically to:
- support people to seek, find and maintain employment
- empower and enhance the mana of the people we support through genuine respect and practice of Te Tiriti o Waitangi principles
- be an educated advocate for supported employment.
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate will
- be able to build trusting and respectful relationships between people we support and their whānau
- have experience in supporting people with disabilities and health conditions with their employment journey
- be highly motivated to work with integrity and flexibility
- have good community knowledge and be able to develop strong networks
- Starting pay rate is between $25.50 and $27.50 depending on qualifications and experience
- Flexible working options
- Ongoing professional development
- Supportive team environment where we celebrate success
- Making a positive difference in people’s lives
How to apply
Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
For further information, contact Emily, firstname.lastname@example.org, 022 369 2290.
About the organisation
We are a community based disability support provider that operates across much of the North Island. Our vision is of an inclusive New Zealand where people with disabilities are embraced as fully participating citizens, where barriers to inclusion are removed, and where all people are respected and valued for who they are.
We believe that people with disabilities can and should live the life they choose, on their own terms and within the community of their choice.
Employment Connections is the branch of Community Connections that offers support to job-seekers and school leavers alongside their families/whanau and employers. We support and facilitate employment for disabled people and people with long-term mental, sensory or physical barriers.
Community Connections is an Equal Employment Opportunities employer and we love diversity in what we do and whom we employ. We are committed to Te Tiriti O Waitangi, the UN Convention of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and the NZ Disability Strategy. We encourage people with lived experience of disability or mental health to apply and/or people from Māori, Pasifika and LGBTQIA+ communities.