Our Voices Network
Neighbourhood Connections Network Group Facilitator
We seek an enthusiastic and creative team member to fill a part-time role (approximately 10 hours per week) facilitating a peer support group made up of five people who live in Palmerston North.
The role of a Neighbourhood Connections facilitator is to:
- Empower members to share their knowledge, skills and ideas to enable peer support.
- Respect people’s differences: everyone has something to contribute in their own unique way.
- Utilise members’ connections with each other and the community first, then help create new ones.
- Encourage member leadership and natural problem-solving, giving the group room to grow.
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate will:
- Be available to attend their Monday afternoon meetings and be available to support them flexibly on other days during the week. Some weekend and evening work may be required
- Have an interest in art
- Be able to assist the group with their card making micro-business
- Be able to assist the group with their fundraising projects
- Be able to build trusting and respectful relationships
- Be able to work creatively and problem-solve
- Be a good communicator – with the groups members, their families, and other members of the team
- Have good community knowledge and be able to develop networks
Have a level 3 qualification in Health and Wellbeing and a current first aid certificate (although training can be provided for the right person)
- Have an understanding of bi-cultural practice in Aotearoa New Zealand
- Be comfortable with technology – Community Connections has a cloud-based database and rostering system that staff need to access with their mobile devices
- Pay rate is between $20.50 and $25.50 depending on qualifications and experience.
- Flexible working options
- Ongoing professional development
- Supportive team environment
- Making positive differences in people’s lives and in the community
How to apply
Click on the “Apply for Job” tab, fill in the online form, and attach your CV and cover letter.
For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
About Community Connections
We are a community based disability support provider that operates across much of the North Island. Our vision is of an inclusive New Zealand where people with disabilities are embraced as fully participating citizens, where barriers to inclusion are removed, and where all people are respected and valued for who they are.
We believe that people with disabilities can and should live the life they choose, on their own terms and within the community of their choice.
Community Connections is a member of the Equal Employment Opportunities Trust and actively encourages people with lived experience of disability to apply.