We seek enthusiastic, creative team members to fill in this full-time 6 months contract role supporting people in their homes working wakeover night shifts in the Palmerston North area.
About the role
- Planning and delivering support to people in their homes and communities
- Helping people connect with their communities, live the life they want and achieve their goals
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a people person, able to build trusting and respectful relationships
- Be able to work creatively and problem-solve
- Have good community knowledge and be able to develop networks
- Have a level 3 qualification in Health and Wellbeing and a current first aid certificate (although training can be provided for the right person)
- Have an understanding of bi-cultural practice in Aotearoa New Zealand
- Be comfortable with technology – Community Connections has a cloud-based database and rostering system that staff need to access with their mobile devices
- Have a full drivers licence
- Have experience with youth challenging behaviors and autism
- Pay rate is between $20.50 and $25.50 depending on qualifications and experience
- Flexible working options
- Ongoing professional development
- Supportive team environment
- Making positive differences in people’s lives and in the community
How to apply
Click on the “Apply for Job” tab, fill in the online form, and attach your CV and cover letter.
For further information, contact Heni Owen, email@example.com
About Community Connections
We are a community based disability support provider that operates across much of the North Island. Our vision is of an inclusive New Zealand where people with disabilities are embraced as fully participating citizens, where barriers to inclusion are removed, and where all people are respected and valued for who they are.
We believe that people with disabilities can and should live the life they choose, on their own terms and within the community of their choice.
Community Connections is a member of the Equal Employment Opportunities Trust and actively encourages people with lived experience of disability to apply.