Welcome to Community Connections
We are a community based disability service which primarily offers a Supported Living service with some Residential Services as well.
We operate in the Greater Wellington region (Wellington, Hutt Valley, Porirua and Kapiti), The Manawatu (Palmerston North and Levin), Taranaki, the Bay of Plenty, and the Hawke’s Bay.
We have a strong commitment to a person-centred approach so people can live the life they choose within their own community.
We believe that, with support, people with disabilities can live the life they choose within the community of their choice.
We offer support to people who have a disability with the aim of providing them with the natural supports necessary to enable them to live in their own home, to connect with their community and to enjoy an independent, fulfilling life.
The 24/7 Service Coordinator is a new role created to manage the growth of 24/7 services in Taranaki. Please note these are not group homes but people supported in their own home.
The main responsibilities attached to this role are:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with people we support, their families and key stakeholders
- Ensuring the people supported are leading the lives they choose to live
- Managing referrals and setting up new services
- Recruitment, staff orientation, staff training and staff management
- Maintaining professional relationships with funders, needs assessors, G.Ps etc.
We are seeking a person with the following experience and commitment:
- A passion for working alongside people to achieve their personal goals
- Experience in working with people who have a disability
- IT competence
- Rostering/timesheets and scheduling
- Understanding performance management
- Minimum Level 4 Health and Wellbeing (or equivalent) qualification
- An understanding of bi-cultural practice in Aotearoa New Zealand
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Flexible working options
- Ongoing professional development
- Supportive team environment
- Making positive differences in people’s lives and in the community
- Pay ranges between 55 – 70k annually depending on qualifications and experience
How to apply
Click on the “Apply for Job” tab, fill in the online form, and attach your CV and cover letter.
Please direct any enquiries about this role to Korozaan Fourie, email@example.com or 021 751 394.