We are seeking an enthusiastic, adaptable and creative Service Coordinator to support our growth in the Manawatu and Levin areas. This is a full-time role.
The main responsibilities attached to this role are:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with people we support, their families and key stakeholders
- Ensuring the people supported are leading the lives they choose to live
- Managing referrals and setting up new services
- Recruitment, staff orientation, staff training and staff management
- Maintaining professional relationships with funders, needs assessors, GPs, etc.
We are seeking a person with the following experience and commitment:
- A passion for working alongside people to achieve their personal goals
- Experience in working with people who have a disability
- IT competence
- Rostering/timesheets and scheduling
- Understanding performance management
- Minimum Level 4 Health and Wellbeing (or equivalent) qualification
- An understanding of bi-cultural practice in Aotearoa New Zealand
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Full drivers licence
- It is essential you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Flexible working options
- Ongoing professional development
- Supportive team environment
- Making positive differences in people’s lives and in the community
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to France Aziz, email@example.com
Please direct any enquiries about this role to France Aziz, firstname.lastname@example.org, 022 169 6573
About Community Connections
We are a community based disability support provider that operates across much of the North Island. Our vision is of an inclusive New Zealand where people with disabilities are embraced as fully participating citizens, where barriers to inclusion are removed, and where all people are respected and valued for who they are.
We believe that people with disabilities can and should live the life they choose, on their own terms and within the community of their choice.
Community Connections is an Equal Employment Opportunities employer, and we love diversity in what we do and whom we employ. We are committed to Te Tiriti O Waitangi, the UN Convention of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and the NZ Disability Strategy. We encourage people with lived experience of disability, mental health, Māori, Pasifika, people from other backgrounds and/or from LGBTQIA+ community to apply.