- Full time contract with a team that embraces its diversity & inclusion!
- Opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives by supporting them to live their best life.
- Develop your skills with ongoing professional development internally and externally
Utilize your experience and knowledge as a Support Worker to enable the person you will be supporting to live in their own homes and connect with their community.
About the role
You will support the people in their homes and community in Levin. The job requires you to work 80 hours per fortnight. We seek a support worker who is fit and healthy to support people in achieving exercise goals.
You will work in a self managing team environment which is to manage all the support requirements and associated tasks for the people that the team work for.
Duties of the role
- Support the individual to achieve their personal plans
- Strengthen and develop the individuals networks in the community
- Engage with the individual to check that the support being offered is meeting expectations and enhancing their life
- Maintain the quality of the support we provide
- Support the individual with personal hygiene and wellbeing
- Promote an environment that encourages the individual to feel safe and comfortable
- Encourage the individual to grow and increase their independence by supporting them to learn skills for daily living and to make decisions and choices
- Generate daily support notes, incident reports, daily handover notes to your co-workers and any other administration tasks that might be required
- Collaborate with other support staff by attending staff meetings, coaching, keeping each other informed about the individual being supported and sharing ideas with your team members
- Engage in discussions with your team on the team plan, projects to be completed, administration tasks, rostering and training and development
Skills and experience
- It is essential that you are fully vaccinated (mandated)
- Qualification in Health and Wellbeing or similar OR two years experience
- Computer literacy
- A team player that actively participates
- Valid drivers license essential
- Resilient and someone who can take initiative
- Person centered and confident
- Four weeks annual-leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cell-phone and technology allowance
- Collaborative working environment
About Community Connections
We are a community based disability support provider that operates across much of the North Island. Our Vision is of an inclusive New Zealand where people with disabilities are embraced as fully participating citizens, where barriers to inclusion are removed, and where all people are respected and valued for who they are.
We believe that people with disabilities can and should live the life they choose, on their own terms and within the community of their choice.
Community Connections is an Equal Employment Opportunities employer, and we love diversity in what we do and whom we employ. We are committed to Te Tiriti O Waitangi, the UN Convention for the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and the NZ Disability strategy. We encourage people with lived experience of disability, mental health, Maori, Pasifika, people from other backgrounds and/or from LGBTQIA+ community to apply.
How to apply
Click APPLY and quote REC032 or contact Sharon Smith on 021457662 for a confidential discussion.
Additional information on Self managing teams: https://youtu.be/vO9zhGWDcr4