About the role
We seek an energetic, enthusiastic, reliable team member to fill a part-time role supporting people in their homes and communities. The job requires you to work sleepover shifts Sunday to Thursday 11 pm – 7 am.
Duties of the role
- Support the individual to achieve their personal plans
- Strengthen and develop the individual’s networks in the community
- Engage with the individual to check that the support being offered is meeting expectations and enhancing their life
- Maintain the quality of the support we provide
- Support the individual with personal hygiene and wellbeing
- Promote an environment that encourages the individual to feel safe and comfortable
- Encourage the individual to grow and increase their independence by supporting them to learn skills for daily living and to make decisions and choices
- Generate daily support notes, incident reports, daily handover notes to your co-workers and any other administration tasks that might be required
- Collaborate with other support staff by attending staff meetings, coaching, keeping each other informed about the individual being supported and sharing ideas with your team members
- Engage in discussions with your team on the team plan, projects to be completed, administration tasks, rostering and training and development
Skills and experience
- Must be fully vaccinated
- Qualification in Health and well-being or similar OR two years’ experience
- Computer literacy
- A team player that actively participates
- Valid driver’s license essential
- Someone with good communication skills
- Great time management skills
- Someone who enjoys watching sports
- Someone who is comfortable providing personal cares
- Four weeks annual leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cellphone and technology allowance
- Collaborative working environment
- Great team
- Training offered
- Value based organisation
About Community Connections
We are a community-based disability support provider that operates across much of the North Island. Our Vision is of an inclusive New Zealand where people with disabilities are embraced as fully participating citizens, where barriers to inclusion are removed, and where all people are respected and valued for who they are.
We believe that people with disabilities can and should live the life they choose, on their own terms and within the community of their choice.
Community Connections is an Equal Employment Opportunities employer, and we love the diversity in what we do and whom we employ. We are committed to Te Tiriti O Waitangi, the UN Convention for the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and the NZ Disability strategy. We encourage people with lived experience of disability, mental health, Maori, Pasifika, people from other backgrounds and/or from LGBTQIA+ community to apply.
How to apply
Click APPLY and quote REC101 or contact Anna Hansen on 021459157 for a confidential discussion.