Community Connections – Te Hapori Awhina Tangata, is a community-based service which provides services for young people and adults with disabilities, and their families. We operate in the Greater Wellington region (Wellington, Hutt Valley, Porirua and Kapiti), Horowhenua, Manawatu, Taranaki, the Bay of Plenty, and the Hawke’s Bay area. We have a strong commitment to a person-centered approach so people can live the life they choose within their own community.
We offer support to people who have a disability with the aim of providing them with the natural supports necessary to enable them to live in their own home, to connect with their community and to enjoy an independent, fulfilling life. Take a look at some of Our Stories.
Our Vision is of an inclusive New Zealand:
- Where people with disabilities are embraced as fully participating citizens
- Where barriers to inclusion are removed
- Where all people are respected and valued for who they are
We believe that people with disabilities can and should live the life they choose, on their own terms and within the community of their choice.
Our purpose is to support people to live the life they choose within their own community.
- Honour people and their stories
- Build capability – in people, in communities, in the team
- Check it is right
- Celebrate- diversity, challenge and success